Our workshop is all about showing people how to search for jobs and we deliver. We track results with a scientifically validated assessment, the Employment Readiness Scale, which measures an individual’s preparedness for employment. Students are able to view their progress realtime and see their individual growth over the duration of the workshop.
During the one week workshop, students can expect to have over 20 contact hours of instruction and 10+ hours of hands-on labwork. Group discussions provide an abundance of personalized job search solutions. Our workshop leaders use their professional experiences and those of the group to address real world job search obstacles and show students how to develop solutions that work.
Our Videos Work
Our team believes in the power of video as a teaching tool. We use screen capture videos to demonstrate how to search for jobs on websites and role play videos to show students “rights” and “wrongs” in phone call and in-person interactions during their job search. Here is an example of our tour of OnetOnline, an incredibly useful and somewhat unknown tool for job seekers sponsored by the U.S. Dept. of Labor.
Our graduates also receive a unique certification number from GigSpire to be placed on their resume and social media profiles which is verifiable by employers. The GigSpire certification is distinctive among job seekers and communicates to employers that the individual has:
- Conducted an analysis of the job market
- An understanding of their career path
- Been trained to research potential employers and be prepared for interviews
- A reason for applying for a job with their company and is worthy of a conversation about employment.
Designed for Visual, Audio and Kinesthetic Learners – All Learners Welcome
We understand that people learn in different ways. Some learn through listening, others are more visually oriented and still others must have a “hands-on” approach to learning. We have designed our courses to appeal to each style of learning by creating a workshop using the best practices in adult learning.Our approach leverages a blended learning environment of in-person instruction, hands on lab exercises, student collaboration and multi-media reinforcement. Students are provided guidebooks, clearly outlined learning objectives, easy to understand instructions and worksheets.”Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” – Chinese Proverb
GigSpire Program Highlights
- Search Engine Optimization techniques for resumes & social media profiles
- Customized career planning exercises
- Scientifically validated assessments
- Employment Readiness Scale (ERS)
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Transferrable skills inventory & analysis
- Advanced research methodologies
- Unique social media strategies for uncovering job opportunities
- Strategic networking plans & creating the “Elevator Pitch”
- Detailed interview preparations steps
- Salary negotiation and methods to start a new job correctly