Job Search Tips
- Job Search Tip – Discussing Salary Expectations with an Employer
In our continuing series of Job Search Tips we offer a way to answer “the salary question” when an employer wants to know your number. Use it, it works!
- Job Search Tip – Checklist Before Walking Into an Interview
In our continuing series of Job Search Tips we offer some suggestions on what to do right before walking into the interview. This stuff works, check it out and good luck!
- Job Search Tip – How Many Resumes to Bring on an Interview
In our continuing series of job search tips we cover just how many resumes to bring with you on an interview. Be prepared and enjoy the read!
- Job Search Tip – Warming Hands Before Interviews
In our continuing series of Job Search Tips we recommend having a warm hand to shake. Just a thought…
- Job Search Tip – Find Jobs on Twitter
In our continuing series of Job Search Tips we point to a beginner guide for Twitter and some advice on finding work through this popular medium. Give it a try!
- Texas adds 80,600 jobs in February
Texas leading job growth nationally!
- Recent Mass Layoffs
Some of the most recent layoffs, some of these numbers are staggering.
- Employment Situation Summary – Nov. 2012
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported on employment for November 2012 is out. Here is the summary.
- Mass Layoffs up for Oct, 2012 – 131,173 People Out of Work
131,173 people find themselves the victim of layoffs. Read our summary of the Bureau of Labor Statistics here.
- Mass Layoffs – Hostess Shuts Down Operations
18,500 jobs, or close to it, will comes to an end today along with several iconic snack foods.
- Q&A with GigSpire – Angry with Recruiters
We get lots of students telling us how difficult it can be to work with recruiters. Here is some stark reality in the form for a rant from a student and our response. Enjoy!
- Q&A with GigSpire – Counter Offers
In our continuing series of Q&A with GigSpire, we discuss the counter offer and why accepting one is almost always the wrong choice. Enjoy!
- Q&A with GigSpire – Is a college education needed or worth it?
In our continuing series of Q&A with the GigSpire experts we answer a question about if a college degree is worth the time and money…enjoy the read!
- Q&A with GigSpire – Elevator Pitches
In our continuing series of Q&A with the GigSpire experts, we discuss common problems with elevator pitches.
- Q&A with GigSpire – How to Rebound from a Layoff
We were recently asked how people can effectively rebound from a layoff. Here is our response, enjoy the read!
- Student Testimonial – Elisa
Very thankful to receive such kind words from our students. Here is Elisa’s opinion of the GigSpire program.
- Student Testominial – Patrice
Here are a few thoughts from a recent graduate of the GigSpire Program. Loved having you in class Patrice!
- Customer Testimonials – Nina
Some great feedback from one of GigSpire’s graduates who is looking for the next “right” move in her career!
- Customer Testimonials – Alex
Some great feedback from one of GigSpire’s graduates just starting out in his career!
- Customer Testimonials – Tim
Some great feedback from one of GigSpire’s graduates who is looking for the next “right” move in his career!